You all failed. Except Lex, who got four out of five.
- She lives in the place in the side of our lives where nothing is ever put straight – Pretty in Pink, Psychedelic Furs
- We are the goon squad and we’re coming to town, beep beep – Fashion, David Bowie
- You’re honorable, more honorable than me – Exhuming McCarthy, R.E.M.
- I ditched my lecture to watch the girls play soccer – Going Away to College, Blink 182
- How can this power be bought and sold? – Powerline, Husker Du
#1 is probably tough without hearing it. #2 should’ve been easy, and #4 wasn’t much harder. #3 requires you to be an early-R.E.M. collector, and #5 was admittedly next to impossible.
Let’s try some more:
- Steal a little and they throw you in jail / steal a lot and they make you a king. (Yes, that one’s hard, but partial credit if you think about who might’ve written it and come up with the writer without knowing the song)
- I try to discover a little something to make me sweeter (Easy!)
- This was a Pizza Hut / Now it’s all covered with daisies (Easier!)
- They’ve got to catch me if they want me to hang (Try screaming it)
- I wonder if we’ll meet again, talk about life since then, talk about why did it end (Moderately hard)
4 thoughts on “Lyrics answers”
Eh. The first three were all right in my wheelhouse, time-of-life-wise. The Blink 182 cut I knew because I’ve listened to that CD more in the past few years than any other I’ve bought, which both surprises and doesn’t surprise me. And I never listened to Husker Du for the lyrics. 😉
1) Dylan, “Sweetheart Like You,” another one from my time-of-life wheelhouse.
2) No idea.
3) Heads, “Nothing But Flowers”
4) AC/DC, “Back in Black” (possibly the greatest heavy-metal album ever recorded besides GNR’s “Appetite”)
5) No idea.
I’m sad to say that I knew none but happy to say that now I know all of them thanks to Google and about a zillion teenagers blogging their heats out. The end.
Can’t believe no one knew #2 – “A Little Respect” by Erasure. Great song.
I also like the Wheatus version.